- Well-child, adolescent, and young adult care
- Prenatal visits
- Lactation counseling before and after birth
- Colds, flu, sore throats, and earaches
- Stomach aches, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation
- Cough, wheezing, asthma, allergies
- Growth problems
- Skin conditions
- Strains, sprains, aches, and breaks
- Headaches, concussions, and fatigue
- Behavioral and psychiatric problems
Care Coordination/Special Education Advocate:
We work with the schools, therapists, and specialists in our area to coordinate a whole child approach to patient care. We also consult on Individualized Education Programs and 504 programs through the school system for the betterment of our patients with a special education advocate.
Blacksburg Pediatrics is now offering ADOS-2 testing to all children in our community!
What is ADOS-2?
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-Second Edition (ADOS-2) is an activity-based assessment administered by trained clinicians to evaluate communication skills, social interaction, and imaginative use of materials in individuals who are suspected to have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The ADOS-2 is currently considered the “gold standard” in the assessment of ASD.
Who is eligible?
The ADOS-2 is designed for individuals as young as 12-months of age all the way through adulthood. For individuals to adequately participate in the assessment, the ADOS-2 requires a minimum developmental level of 12-months and no significant sensory or motor impairments (e.g., blindness, deafness, confined to wheelchair).
Moderate Lab Services:
- We offer cutting edge lab services to better serve your child!
- We have an array of CLIA waived table top tests and Moderate PCR tests including Flu, Strep, Covid, and RSV all with rapid results.
- Blacksburg Pediatrics is a Moderate lab. This allows us to do more complex tests with same day results to better treat your children.
- We offer in house complete blood count with just a prick of a finger! Same day results!
- A complete blood count (CBC) is a blood test. It’s used to look at overall health and find a wide range of conditions, including anemia, infection and leukemia.
A complete blood count test measures the following:-
- Red blood cells, which carry oxygen